The cost of converting your microfilm records will vary depending on a number of variables:
- What size film is the film? 16MM or 35MM
- The cost for scanning 16MM microfilm is about $.02 per image
- The cost for scanning 35MM microfilm is about $.05 per image
- How do you want the records indexed?
- Roll level indexing (described above)
- This method of delivery is less expensive because less labor hours are required for breaking out the documents and indexing
- Document level indexing (described above)
- This mothod of delivery will be more expensive but certain variables can keep the costs down (existance of document level blips and or a CAR system to help automate indexing)
- What DPI do you want the images scanned at? 200dpi, 300dpi, 400dpi (200dpi is typically used)
- How many images are on your rolls?
- 16MM film typically has between 2,000 – 2,500 images per roll
- 35MM film typically has between 500 – 900 images per roll
If you would like us to provide you with a quote for your project, you can contact us directly at 866-609-4DFS or click here to request an estimate.